Here’s all the information about times you need for the Woodturning Weekender
SATURDAY 3 AUGUST 2019
- 9.00 Registration Opens. The on-site cafe will be open for the sale of drinks and snacks, and this is first chance to have a look around at the club displays and demos and chat with other visitors.
- 9.45 Welcome on stage our first demonstrator, Stewart Furnini (please be seated in plenty of time)
- 10.45 Time for a quick break, stretch your legs, check out more displays and grab a drink if you want.
- 11.15 Stewart returns to the stage for the second half of his demo
- 12.15 Stewart’s demo draws to a close, followed by a hosted Q+A session with him.
- 12.45 Lunch break. The on-site cafe will still be open or if you want to wander further there are plenty of places to eat nearby, or stay in the hall and check out the stands and demos you haven’t seen yet.
- 14.00 Time for Phil Irons to come onto the stage for his demo (please be seated in plenty of time).
- 15.00 A short break, a chance to move about for half an hour
- 15.30 Second half of Phil’s demo
- 16.30 The end of Phil’s demo, followed by a Q+A session with him
- 17.00 The official end of the featured demos for today, although the hall will remain open to allow more time to mingle with the demonstrators and the club and association members on display and demo stands around the hall.
- OR you can nip off and get your gladrags on for the evening meal…
- 18.30 onwards – Arrive for the informal BBQ, licensed bar available for those not driving.
- 19.00 Food is served but no need to rush, there’ll be plenty to go around.
- 21.00 TBC – but don’t leave too early, you never know what you might miss.
- 21.30-21.45 Official end of the evening but the hall and bar will stay open if you want to stay and talk
SUNDAY 4 AUGUST 2019
- 9.00 Hall opens for returning guests and registration opens for Sunday only visitors – be gentle with us, it’ll have been a late night last night! On-site cafe open for sale of snacks and drinks, more time to check out the club displays and demos.
- 9.45 Today’s first demonstrator is Gary Lowe (please be seated in plenty of time)
- 10.45 Thirty minute break, you know the score by now
- 11.15 More of Gary Lowe, because you can never have too much of a good thing
- 12.15 Gary brings his demo to an end, followed by a Q+A session with him
- 12.45 Lunch break. The on-site cafe will still be open or if you want to wander further there are plenty of places to eat nearby, or stay in the hall and check out the stands and demos you still haven’t seen yet – this could be your last chance
- 14.00 Emma Cook takes the stage for the final demo of the day
- 15.00 Last chance to check out the displays during the break
- 15.30 Emma continues her demo
- 16.30 Thirty minute Q+A session with Emma
- 17.00 That’s all folks – time to get ready to head home, or you can stay and help us clear up if you want..? Thought not!