WEEK COMMENCING 1 MAY 2022
- It seals the surface of the wood meaning you need less of the next coating to get a finish – always a good thing as the less you use the less likely it is to be damaged. It’s good for the pocket too!
- The sealer binds the loose fibres of the timber together giving you a better foundation for the next coat and a more resilient finish
- The sealer also contains a sanding agent which lubricates the abrasive to make the sanding process easier.
Still our most popular sanding sealer, for many reasons.
- It’s very quick drying (about thirty seconds)
- Very multi-purpose, can be used in many ways, very popular on turnings especially but a little harder to apply on larger areas.
- It’s easy to use (apply with cloth, brush or spray)
- It’s pretty much universal (you can use it with any of our products that benefit from the use of a sealer – which is all of them apart from the oils).
Apply one coat only before following with a wax, lacquer or polish.
Cellulose Sanding Sealer is also available as an aerosol, it’s pretty much the same product and should be used in much the same way. The only difference is that we increase the solids content to compensate for it being thinned to deliver through a spray nozzle.
A more traditional sealer, based on bleached shellac and meths.
- Fast drying (about 20 minutes)
- Apply by brush, cloth or spray
- Great for turning and also larger items such as furniture and architectural projects
- Use as a base for waxes and polishes.
- Touch dry in five minutes, can be sanded after 20 minutes but should be left for two hours if applying Acrylic Lacquer over it.
- Use as a base for Acrylic Lacquer, Waxes and Polishes
- The clearest of the sealers in our range
- Can be used on a wide variety of items
Supplied ready for use it can be thinned up to 10% with water if absolutely necessary but avoid this if you can. Don’t stock up on this product, it has a limited shelf life; bottles have a ‘best before’ date on them, you should get an extra six months past that though. All the time it’s a liquid you can use it.