We thought you might like to know just a little bit more about Chestnut Products…
- People assume we’re a big, multinational company because everything looks right – well we hope it does. We’re still a small, family based business.
- We work closely with a local Social Enterprise company who give work to people with disabilities and/or disadvantages, offering them as much support as we can.
- We’ve been around for just over 25 years now after being created in 1991
- We produce surprisingly little waste, and recycle as much of it as we can – including all cardboard/paper, plastic and metal.
- Some of the text on the first ever batch of labels got mixed up and had to be reprinted – a costly early mistake!
- Terry Smart, who started the company, is still in charge (see ‘About Us‘)…
- …and when I’m not working at shows or seeing customers I’m still there in the office and warehouse most days, answering questions and packing orders! – Terry
- The majority – over 90% – of our products are made in the UK.
- Most of our products are still mixed and/or finished by hand, not machine.
- We’re a small team of 2 with a few outworkers, family and partners to call on when needed.
STOP PRESS! There’s 3 of us now, as of January 2018!
- And we work closely with our customers to make sure our products do what they should, every time.